Saturday, October 4, 2008

Go Pink!

This morning I did the Susan G. Komen Race for the Cure in downtown Houston. This was my first race ever & I think I did pretty good. I got David & mine's friend Kelly to race with me & she got her friend Melanie to join too! We all 3 did the 5K. It was truly one of the most fullfilling moments of my life. It was so empowering seeing all these people there! It was also hard to not cry every time I saw people wearing shirts "In memory of...my mom...my sister...my wife, etc." It was very uplifting seeing all the pink shirts of survivors there too & crossing the "Survivor Path" at the end. There were also cheerleaders along the entire race path encouraging all the runners. That felt great!


I dont personally know anybody who's had breast cancer, but Dave's mom's mom, aunt, & cousin all 3 died from it. I chose today to run for those who had nobody to run for them. Even though I'm not the most athletic person, I completed this goal I had for myself to do this race and I was so lucky to have 2 wonderful women join me today. We also found a $20 dollar bill on the street during the race, which is being donated to the Susan G. Komen foundation.


To find a race near you or to make a donation, visit http://www.komen.org/


Rylie was there with Daddy to support us in the race!


Us 3 before the race started...it was early! lol


WE DID IT!!

No comments: