Friday, July 25, 2008

Well well, another first!

I put Rylie down for her nap today & was downstairs folding clothes when I heard her burst into heavy tears-the kind that sounded like "I'm stuck" rather than her "I'm fighting sleep" cry. So I ran up the stairs to her room & found her STANDING in her bed, holding onto the side railing with this fearful look as if saying "I'm stuck & don't know how to get back down!" It was the last thing I expected to see! So I held her for awhile & calmed her down. Then she went back to her crib & took her nap. This was the first time she had pulled herself to standing. We've seen her trying with the coffee table, but today she did it! I really wish I'd been wearing a camera or something to capture her standing there, looking so much like a big girl & not my baby that she still is! Can you believe she'll be 1 in less than 3 months? :'(
P.S. I added more Kindermusik pictures to that blog posting below.

No comments: